» NEW VLCD BARS AND PIZZA WAFERS
Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:57 pm by KeeSupport

» VLCD - BACK IN STOCK
Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:36 pm by KeeSupport

» KeeDiet Soup Price Reduction
Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:05 pm by KeeSupport

» Exante Diet Shake Review
Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:36 am by KeeSupport

» Keediet newbie - day 3 on rapid- anyone else out there?? it seems quiet.
Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:47 pm by KeeSupport

» Slimmer Mikey's Blog(s) 2015
Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:38 am by KeeSupport

» NEW READY DIET MEAL - ADD TO THE KEEDIET STORE
Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:38 am by KeeSupport

» KEEDIET - VLCD SALE
Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:34 am by KeeSupport

Many Cereals have more sugar than cakes, donuts....

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hi Roy

Post by Admin on Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:09 am

Hopefully once you have sampled the packs sent you will find the pattern that works for you for a day and can then follow this for your weight loss. Not all products suit everyone as you say, we get emails from those that love the High Protein Range or Porridges and others really don't like them.

Shakes may be a saviour for you in the morning also, although 250ml is suggested to be mixed if too sweet you can use extra to your taste preference

All the best, keep us informed of your weight loss
flower

Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 905
Registration date : 2008-11-01

http://thekeediet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Savoury Boy.

Post by RoyWolfey on Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:24 am

Thanks again for the help, The Oat cereal (basically pure oats) that I would usually have doesn't really compare in terms of Carbs (much more than the Total Oatmeal), Protein (much less) and Sugar (much less), so I'll stick to the Protikee Total Original Oatmeal for now as I'm not sure about the implications of changing the balance. I should add that the two savoury dishes I have had so far, the Total Cream of Mushroom soup, and Cottage Pie have been great for me, and I appreciate that sweet/savoury taste is subjective to all, my preference being more savoury than sweet. The Omlette sounds good. Roy Smile

RoyWolfey

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2011-02-04

Back to top Go down

Hi Roy

Post by Admin on Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:30 pm

Most of our oatmeals are sweetened to some extent you may find the High Protein range is less sweeter. You can always have a shake for breakfast, we are also hopefully in March introducing meal replacement omlette mix which although introduced for an evening meal alternative, may be a considered for breakfast.

Also have a look at the carb, protein, sugar content of your normal oats and compare per 100g to the ProtiKee variety, if very similar you could possibly continue to use ?

Hope this has helped
flower

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Thanks for the tips.

Post by RoyWolfey on Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:03 pm

That's a very kind gesture. I'll hang on to the bars, and work them into my day by having them as a snack in the afternoon at a time when I may have previously had a biscuit with a cup of tea. I was hoping to use the bars as an occasional breakfast for variety as someone who focussed on total products found the only breakfast in the total range to be Total Breakfast Oatmeal. Alas, my concern at reading the words "With Sugar and Sweetner" on the Total Breakfast Oatmeal box was realised when I had my first one this morning. Too sweet to taste for me, and it leaves me wishing there was an unsweetened version of the product. Prior to the kee plan I would have unsweetened oats for breakfast. Can you suggest any breakfast products that are unsweetened that may be suitable substitute to the Total Breakfast Oatmeal for my FMRP total plan?

Thanks, Roy. Smile

RoyWolfey

Back to top Go down

Hi Roy

Post by Admin on Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:32 am

You are so right, labels really need to be classified and more easy to understand by the shopper.

Processed foods are very confusing, so much better to stick to a healthy whole foods that have not be tampered with such as your meats, fish, eggs, vegetables and salads as the main part of your diet with processed foods making up a very small percentage.

We do have some options that are not as sweet and remember you can use either Total or High Protein Bars for a VLCD the vitamin & mineral supplement you take alongside provides all the nutrients you require and a mixed order is more favourable, getting the high protein and also excess vitamins from the Total line.

Sticky Toffee, Cranberry & Pomegrante, Muesli, Coconut, are not overly sweet and may be preferred. Although not generally permitted, if you would like send back the Boxes that you have not opened we can refund you the cost of goods purchased, you can then reorder flavours that are more suitable.

Hope this has helped
flower

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Sugar (Fructose) in Bars ?

Post by RoyWolfey on Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:44 am

Hi,

Thanks for the explanation, it has helped. The bbc article listed Kellogg's Coco Pops with the highest sugar content - 14.8g per 40g serving, and without the information you provided, a newbie like me could make a direct comparison with the Meal bar of 14.1g per 35g serving, and assume the Meal bar has a higher sugar content ratio, but I appreciate now that it's the type of sugar that matters and it's effect on the GI.

Will still look at alternatives to the meal bars as they are too sweet to taste for me, and wonder if I'm the only person here who doesn't like their bars coated in chocolate. Laughing Should have ordered a taster before I bought 5 boxes. Rolling Eyes

Thanks, Roy.

RoyWolfey

Back to top Go down

Sugar (Fructose) in Bars ?

Post by Admin on Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:15 am

Hi Roy,

Hopefully this will explain a little more and although too sweet to taste for you, may help when choosing other ProtiKee products. All ProtiKee products have been scientifically designed with a detailed knowledge of nutritional biochemistry and metabolism to provide the best possible nutrition for attaining specific human weight loss goals. Ordinary table sugar (cane or beet sugar, sucrose) are absorbed from your digestive tract relatively quickly, causing your pancreas to release a lot of insulin, the natural hormone required to metabolize the sudden big surge in your blood sugar levels. The average amount that your blood sugar rises after you eat a given amount of a particular carbohydrate is called that carbohydrate’s "glycemic index" (GI).

The natural fruit sugar fructose has one of the lowest glycemic indexes of any food – with a rating of only 20, compared to 31 for skim milk, 59 for sucrose (ordinary table sugar), and 98 for an equal weight of mashed potatoes. This means that 1 ounce of fructose raises your blood sugar only about 1/3 as much as an ounce of sucrose, and it releases only about 1/3 as much insulin. And a mashed potato raises your blood sugar almost 5 times higher than a comparable amount of fructose! High glycemic index carbohydrates can cause major problems for your body’s fat control program. Therefore the fact that this bar has 15.2g of carbs of which 14.1g is fructose is actually beneficial to a weight loss programme as your energy from the carbohydrates is slow releasing and should help control cravings due to the decrease in insulin released. We understand that it can be so confusing and labels often do not help with the different names etc and can cause concern.

Some scientists have even called insulin a “hunger hormone.” Substituting low glycemic index carbohydrates, can improve your blood sugar regulation, reduce your insulin release, aid your weight loss program, and keep going stronger, longer.

Hope this has helped

flower

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Many Cereals have more sugar than cakes, donuts....

Post by RoyWolfey on Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:19 am

I don't have a sweet tooth and was suprised by the sweetness and sugar content in the ProtiKee Meal Bars. The ProtiKee Total Almond & Maple Meal Bar box I'm looking at now lists 14.1g of sugar per 35g bar. I should have paid more attention to the nutritional information for the meal bars before I purchased as their level of sweetness, and sugar content isn't for me.

RoyWolfey

Back to top Go down

Many Cereals have more sugar than cakes, donuts....

Post by Admin on Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:11 pm

At interesting article from the BBC. On this info sticking to your ProtiKee Shake or Porridge in maintenance really will help, labels are a mine field...LOL
Some of the leading cereals contain more sugar than cakes, doughnuts and ice cream, research shows. Kellogg's Crunchy Nut Cornflakes and Coco Pops as well as Weetabix Minis Chocolate Crisp were among those that had the highest sugar content. While others, including ..
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8630446.stm
flower

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Many Cereals have more sugar than cakes, donuts....

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:36 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top