» NEW VLCD BARS AND PIZZA WAFERS
Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:57 pm by KeeSupport

» VLCD - BACK IN STOCK
Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:36 pm by KeeSupport

» KeeDiet Soup Price Reduction
Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:05 pm by KeeSupport

» Exante Diet Shake Review
Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:36 am by KeeSupport

» Keediet newbie - day 3 on rapid- anyone else out there?? it seems quiet.
Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:47 pm by KeeSupport

» Slimmer Mikey's Blog(s) 2015
Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:38 am by KeeSupport

» NEW READY DIET MEAL - ADD TO THE KEEDIET STORE
Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:38 am by KeeSupport

» KEEDIET - VLCD SALE
Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:34 am by KeeSupport

Newby help required

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Newby help required

Post by MrsBadcrumble on Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:58 am

Hi Danni,

Oooh, yes, I'd forgotten about that! oops!

I've got an omelette still to try... what are they like, any good?

What can I tempt you with in return? I've not got many shakes left, but have hot choc, 3 diff soups, some museli bars and an apple crumble one I think? I'll have a look through my box of tricks to see what's in there.

Sarah x

MrsBadcrumble

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2012-03-13

http://www.TheEnglishCakeCompany.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannib78 on Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:02 am

Hi Sarah

did you want my cottage pie? And did you want to try one of the omelette??

Danni x

Dannib78

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2012-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsBadcrumble on Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:33 pm

Hehehe, I've been called a lot worse than that! Did make me chuckle too I must say, so no worries Jill.

Jill, hopefully this link will work to the diet website, and you'll notice there are PDF's you can download with info in them about the food allowances, etc. http://www.thekeediet.co.uk/index.php?main_page=choose_diet_plan&plan=5#planDescription

If you're doing the Rapid Burn, which is total meal replacement packs the basics are:

3 meal packs plus a bar/wafer pack
200ml skimmed milk
2.5l water
50cals (2 cups) of permitted veg : Asparagus, Broccoli, Cabbage (including pickled), Cauliflower, Celeriac, Celery, Courgette, Cucumber, Fennel, Green Peppers, Salad Leaves (inc, chinese leafy greens, iceberg, pak choi, rocket, romaine etc) Kale, Leek, Marrow, Mushroom, Radish, Spinach, Small Spring Onions, Sprouts, Watercress. Fresh or Dried herbs and Spices
Take a slow-release multi-vitamin supplement.
Advised: 3 x a week have a handful of healthy fats, such as nuts/seeds. This ensures your body has essential healthy fats, which are vital for healthy hair/skin, etc. I got some unsalted nuts to have a handful every now and again.

I find seasoning of the veg/salad is essential to make it feel like a normal meal. The plan recommends using fat free salad dressings, and of course balsamic vinegar, garlic, herbs and spices are perfect. I've sprinkled extra chilli powder on veg with the chilli, and some bouillon sprinkled over veg before it goes in the microwave to steam makes them taste yummy too.

The veg allowance is recommended because the packs don't contain enough fibre to keep the gut healthy, as a species we need veg for nutrients that can't be obtained by any other foods, and they help combat certain cancers. I've even added some leeks, courgette and shredded cabbage (all cooked) to my soups, which makes if more like a hearty broth, and it was enjoyable. I've not found the soups unpleasant, although I know you were a bit put off by the other diet plans ones. I've not tried those, but maybe others can tell you how Kee ones compare to Exante or LL ones?

I see it that losing my blubber is all about getting healthier, so I've always had my veg allowance. Others seem to cope fine without it, but I found I wasn't as 'regular' (sorry if TMI!) enough without.

Don't worry Jill, you'll get the hang of all of this very easily, and if you get stuck, there's always one of us around the forum throughout the day/night, and Admin will always respond if you post directly for them.

Sarah x (or MrsBadcrumble Laughing )

p.s. my username isn't a reflection on my cooking, honest!

MrsBadcrumble

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannib78 on Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:40 pm

Hi Jill

No I doubt you've offended Sarah prob made her cuckle too!

Go to web site where you order food and they have info you can print off it's right at bottom of page.

Danni x

Dannib78

Back to top Go down

from Jill

Post by Jill Hemsley on Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:21 am

Hi Danni

OMG I just used the name as it appeared at the top of her message, I should have scrolled right down to the end, I do hope I have not offended her.

On another noteI tried clicking on the link that gives more info on what you can have on the plans but got a message back that only people who had been with the Kee Plan a week or more could access these pages, if there another way of seeing what I can have.

Hope you have a good week-end.

Jill

xx

Jill Hemsley

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2012-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannib78 on Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:31 am

Haha I love how you call Sarah mrs badcrumble!! Made my evening!!!

You will soon be in those size 10's!!!!

Danni x

Dannib78

Back to top Go down

re: newby help, from here on title will be from Jill

Post by Jill Hemsley on Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:02 am

Hi Danni, Mrs Badcrumble and Sue

Thank you all so much for your support, hints and encouragement, it does help enormously to be able to communicate with others who are struggling to get their weight under control. I feel really motivated now, I keep looking at my size 12 jeans and willing myself to be able to get into them again, perhaps even my size 10 is possible, well it is something to aim for.

I too struggle with drinking 2-3 litres of water daily, but I fully understand the need to take on this much water but it is a struggle sometimes.

I don't know how all of you get on with the soups, but with all the others that I have tried I have really struggled with the soups, to the point where I was physically heaving with the Exanta soups, so decided to give the soups a miss with the Kee Plan. I will be having the porridge, some shakes, a bar (like some of you I will save this for an evening treat), spag bol or chilli with veg for evening. Has anyone tried the omelette yet? I have included them in my first order as I think they will make it seem more like a normal evening meal served with some green salad. I did not order any of the snacks as I am on the 4 a day I was not sure if it was allowed to take a snack as well ( I am sure it is not).

Once again, thank you all for your support. Have a good week-end.

Jill
x

Jill Hemsley

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannib78 on Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:04 pm

Hi

I saw slim and save but not sure of the other diet your doing might google to have a peak!!!

So good luck when you start we're all be here waiting for your updates!!

Danni x

Dannib78

Back to top Go down

Post by sue wilkes on Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:32 am

Evening Jill,

Welcome aboard, this is a great forum to post on so i hope we see you on here often, its very motivational and
the girls always have something to chat about.

You have made a good choice with kee, its a really easy diet to follow once you are into it. As you have done
vlcd before then you will know about the headaches etc in the first few days, after that its pretty much plain
sailing. I have been doing this for 9 weeks and have just hit my 2 stone mark which i am really happy with.

Its a bit trial and error with the shakes and packs as everyone likes something different. For me the life savers
have been the cottage pie/spag bog as i love both of these and have them every day. I also save my bar for in
the evening, usually when im watching corrie which is when i used to nibble. You will have to let us know what
you prefer when you get your box.

Drinking the water definitely helps with the hunger pangs, i prefer mine at room temp, i find it easier to drink it
that way. I also save my milk so that i can have a milky coffee in an afternoon. I am a latte fan so i look forward
to this and find it a real treat. I only ever mix my shakes with water, i have had the coffee one made with hot
water which i found quite nice, i have it at breakfast sometimes.

Im sure that you will soon get into the swing of things and start those pounds disappearing. If you scroll down to the
bottom of the page when you go onto the diet plans there are some quick links to other parts of the website which
you might find useful.

Have a great weekend and i hope your packs arrive soon.

Love Sue x

sue wilkes

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2009-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsBadcrumble on Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:33 am

Hi Jill,

welcome to Keebees!

You'll be an old hand at this lark if you've done the other diets too.

Danni and Trazzer are right that you need to drink plenty of water, and use the forum for support, which you'll find invaluable in the early days, and also if you find you're struggling a bit.

I have my 250ml milk and the veg allowance (about 2 cups of green veggies like: cabbage, broccoli, leeks, mushrooms, courgette). I think if you go on the Kee website, there is a page with the plans on it, and in the different plans, you can open PDF pages to show you the allowances. That's what I did, and you can also download them too.

I blast my veg in the microwave for about 4 mins with a little bit of water on them, covered with clingwrap. Plop that on top of y chilli, spag bol or cottage pie. I like the hot meals, as it feels like a more ordinary meal to me. I like the banana and choc shakes, and they are ideal for a meal if I'm out and about. I use one of the shakers to mix mine, but my OH already had a few from when he had his protein shakes at the gym. The high protein meal bars are nice, I especially like the chocolate truffle one, and most of the other bars are also nice, can recommend the choc crunch and the caramel one. Tasty snacks like the cheese and onion puffs, or the chocolate wafers are tasty treats. The recommendation is that you don't have more than 1 of the bars pers day, because they tend to have a higher carb content than the other products. I save my bar for the evening usually, but keeping a couple in my bag does help with if I get caught out and about and in need of a meal. I carry a spare shaker beaker in the car, and a sachet of shake, and buying milk is easy to do on the road, and even the 250ml bottles from McDonalds will do in an emergency.

I struggle to drink only water, but have decaf tea and coffee all day long, which doesn't act as a diuretic like normal tea, so is kinder to the kidneys, and isn't purging your body of the fluid you're putting into it, that it needs to dilute the citric acid that being in ketosis and build up.

I've been doing the plan just over a month now, and have lost 18lbs, and it has been pretty easy so far. The forum has been invaluable for advice and help, and like Danni, I've not told many people other than my OH and children that I'm on the diet, so it is nice to discuss it here.

Good luck!

Sarah x

MrsBadcrumble

Back to top Go down

re: Newby help

Post by Jill Hemsley on Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:09 am

Hi Danni

I am waiting for my box to arrive, I have been on the Exanta for 4 weeks and for the last week I was trying the Slim&Save, but I found the Exanta products very sweet and unpalatable, the Slim&Save were not too bad but the Kee Plan seems to offer a lot more choices. So pleased I can have some skimmed milk as I do miss my cup of tea. I cannot take black tea and only take black coffee if I have been drinking wine etc (which of course is definately no no on a diet).

Still trying to get to grips with the with the Kee web site, so not yet found the pages that tells me what I can and cannot have, but will keep looking. I have ordered the book so even if I cannot find it I hopefully will have the info in the book.

I am really looking forward to my box coming now (on Monday I hope), the only items I have left to keep my going for the week-end are some Exanta soups ((yuk), but I will grit my teeth and put up with them, I do not want to fall off of the wagon.

Jill
x

Jill Hemsley

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannib78 on Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:40 am

Hi Jill

Yes you can have up to 250mls skimmed milk I dont have the full allowance but can't have black coffee all the time.
Fruit and veg allowance is a cup or 50gs. I think I have that but don't measure really bit lazy but I really should!!!

If you explore the forum you'll see there is a page with recipes etc maybe worth a check.
Have you started or waiting for your food pack to arrive.

Danni x

Dannib78

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Hemsley on Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:28 am

Hi Danni

Thanks for this tip, to be honest I have tried the soups from LL, CD,EX + 1 other and they are all fairly disgusting. The shakes I find more palatable with the exception of the strawberry and banana ones which are pretty bad. Have never tried making muffins out of them so thank you for this tip I will certainly be trying this. Any other tips will gratefully received. Not sure if I am allowed a small amount of skimmed milk daily or is it just H2o, black tea and coffee?

Once again thanks for your help.

Jill
x

Jill Hemsley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Hemsley on Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:26 am

Hi Danni

Thanks for this tip, to be honest I have tried the soups from LL, CD,EX + 1 other and they are all fairly disgusting. The shakes I find more palatable with the exception of the strawberry and banana ones which are pretty bad. Have never tried making muffins out of them so thank you for this tip I will certainly be trying this. Any other tips will gratefully received. Not sure if I am allowed a small amount of skimmed milk daily or is it just H2o, black tea and coffee?

Once again thanks for your help.

Jill
x

Jill Hemsley

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannib78 on Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:03 am

Hi Jill

Well firstly welcome to the group!

If I'm honest I hate the shakes and soups so I make muffins out of them!! Add about 15mls of water and microwave for a min. They're also not that great but can eat them!
As for the food packs they're actually not that back and when you add extra veg or salad fill you up nicely. I think if we're all honest the best bit is the snacks most have last thing at night with a cuppa!!

Hope you have a really good week and remember its not for ever and does get hard but with our help you'll do just fab!!!

Oh plenty of that h20 stuff and be prepared for lots of visits to the bathroom!!!

Danni xx

Dannib78

Back to top Go down

re:newby help required

Post by Jill Hemsley on Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:53 pm

Hi Trazzer, many thanks for the message and encouragement. I am most certainly in the right/possitive frame of mind to stick with this plan. I just wondered if there are any tips when making up the shakes etc.

Jill Hemsley

Back to top Go down

Re : Newby help required

Post by trazzer on Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:09 am

Hiya , and welcome to Kee bees ....
Get yourself in a good mind set to the diet , switch off food adverts , ask family members not to discuss food in front of you , keep sipping plenty of water throughout the day , and think about all those pounds melting away ....... I also try not to let many people know that I'm on the diet , so you don't get added pressure from people . Also keep popping onto the forum because you'll get lots of support from the fellow Kee bee's .....
Good luck and enjoy !
Trazzer Very Happy

trazzer

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2012-03-29

Back to top Go down

Newby help required

Post by Jill Hemsley on Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:51 am

Hi everyone, I am new to the keediet, so any tips/hints will be much appreciated.

Jill Hemsley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top