» NEW VLCD BARS AND PIZZA WAFERS
Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:57 pm by KeeSupport

» VLCD - BACK IN STOCK
Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:36 pm by KeeSupport

» KeeDiet Soup Price Reduction
Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:05 pm by KeeSupport

» Exante Diet Shake Review
Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:36 am by KeeSupport

» Keediet newbie - day 3 on rapid- anyone else out there?? it seems quiet.
Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:47 pm by KeeSupport

» Slimmer Mikey's Blog(s) 2015
Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:38 am by KeeSupport

» NEW READY DIET MEAL - ADD TO THE KEEDIET STORE
Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:38 am by KeeSupport

» KEEDIET - VLCD SALE
Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:34 am by KeeSupport

Hello

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Hello

Post by KeeBeeKate on Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:10 am

Fantastic to hear you have got to your goal Martin! and with extra time to go until your holiday-
keep up with the meal packs and see how you feel when holiday approaches... i recall you saying any further loss could mean you will be at your smallest in around 15 years.. i love having that feeling of being 'little', especially when i go away - knowing that i am 'ok' and that i feel 'normal' when half stripped on a beach and i see a bit of 'hip bone' poking out of my swimmers! (its nice to know that i have them after they have been hidden for so long!)

best of luck - stick at it. You will really enjoy the results in the weeks to come .... i know i felt hugely relieved when i didnt need the aeroplane 'seat belt' extender when i last travelled!! lol

Like a Star @ heaven
KeeBeeKate

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2012-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by hawklans on Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:30 pm

Well done Martin! Thats superb news.

One option might be to have two packs a day with a main meal, but try to keep the main meal as healthy and low carb as possible, that way you extend out the time you stay in ketosis and lose a few more pounds but you start to get used to eating more normal food. It cant hurt to be a few pounds under your target, as long as you dont slip into a situation where your BMI score is underweight.

hawklans

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2012-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsBadcrumble on Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:41 pm

Congratulations at reaching your target Martin!

I would suggest you continue to use your packs until they run out, or do something similar to what I have had to do. My packs were running out, I placed an order, but it's still not arrived (it's been a week!), so I have tried to use the packs for breakfasts/lunches where possible, but when I've had to eat meals, they've been low carb, high protein with lots of vegetables. I did have some pasta one day last week, but I felt so tired and sluggish afterwards, that I'm not going to do that again! My weight has only gone down by about 1lb, but it does mean I am successfully maintaining the loss I achieved of 2 stone, so for me, that is an achievement, and I think it has done my body good to have a chance to get used to the loss, and find a bit of balance.

I had anticipated that I might react more strongly to the fructose in fruit, but having had some strawberries during the past week, they've not affected me in the way having the pasta did, so it looks like eating fresh and healthy foods is definitely the way to progress on from Kee, for me anyway.

Good luck Martin, and let us know how you get on.

Sarah
MrsBadcrumble

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2012-03-13

http://www.TheEnglishCakeCompany.net

Back to top Go down

Post by mwilson99 on Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:10 pm

Stepped on to the scales with much anticipation yesterday, I'd stuck rigidly to the plan, and had hoped for a pretty decent loss. I was down to 13st 7lb, so a loss of 4 lbs and I've reached my target with 3 weeks to go before my holiday.

It does leave me with a bit of a dilema now though. Do I continue for the next few weeks, or do I gradually try and get back into eating real food. I mentioned last week, that long term, I aim to try and follow the slimming world way of eating, so after my packs run out next week, I may try and ease myself into that. Any advice would be appreciated.......

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Martin

mwilson99

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2012-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by hawklans on Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:01 pm

Martin,

I had the same concern about running out of packs, so I may have bought a little too much (at the moment I probably have enough to see me through to target weight).

From what you had the only suspect item will be the sausages - really the other stuff is so low in carbs i'd be very surprised if they caused an issue.

When on Atkins I had to really hunt around to find any sausages that were ok, so many of them are packed with stuff other than meat they can be anything up to 12 carbs per sausage. Unfortunately it tends to be the expensive end of the range that is best, I think the lowest I've been able to find is about 1.2 carbs per sausage - you need to find the top of the range pork or other sausages, avoiding any flavoured ones. I think Jamie Olivers range had some good ones if you ever get caught out again.

I know how you feel about a 2lbs week - i'd be bouncing off the walls kicking myself - silly I know as 2lbs is still a great result.

hawklans

Back to top Go down

Post by mwilson99 on Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:23 pm

Bit of a strange week for me. I ordered more shakes etc on Tuesday, and thought I had plenty to see me through until they came, however, I miscounted and ran out on Friday evening. I thought I'd be safe just trying to keep myself in ketosis until the new stuff came, so had some sausage, bacon, eggs, mushroms for breakfast, and a cheese omelette (with real eggs) for lunch. Then, my shakes were delivered..............

Went straight back on the shakes yesterday, but when I tested myself, I was out of ketosis. I thought I'd checked the carb levels in the sausages, but maybe I mis-counted again. I checked again this morning, and I'm back in ketosis. So, don't really know what to think.....

I did lose 2 lbs this week, but with my previous losses, I was a bit disappointed. Trying to take it in my stride and trying to look at the overall picture, I've now lost 2st exactly in 6 weeks, so I shouldn't be feeling disappointed at all.

Only 4lbs before I reach my first target, and 4 weeks to achieve it. If I can focus for these next few weeks, my weight could be the lowest it's been for around 15 years.

Good luck everyone else.

Martin

mwilson99

Back to top Go down

Post by hawklans on Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:09 pm

Well done Martin - not long to go then.

I found if i go without and dont drink enough I tend not to lose any weight that day (and yes I know I shouldnt weight myself each day) so I've got into the habit of always taking a shake with me, or a soup/bar depending on where we go. As I'm on a deadline (upcoming wedding) we have pretty much cleared our social calendar, its worth a few months of sacrifice to make sure I'm not going to show up my beautiful bride to be!

hawklans

Back to top Go down

Post by mwilson99 on Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:26 pm

Hi Everyone

Another week down and another decent loss for me. 4lbs this week, takes me to 13st 13 (actually 13st 12.5, but not counting 1/2s). So that's a total of 26lbs in 5 weeks, where else can you hget these kind of results.....

I have found it harder this week, the boredom is really starting to set in, not so much with the meals themselves, but just not really being able to do anything. I was out all day Saturday, at a football tournament with my son, and without a means to make a shake, it was the longest day ever. Breakfast shake at 8.ooam, next one at 5.00pm. I know I could have had a bar during this time, but I really like to keep those until the end of the day.

But, with only 6lbs to go until I reach my initial target, there's no way I'll be straying off the path. A good 2 - 3 weeks should see me under that target, so after that, all the weight loss is a further bonus.

Good luck everyone else.

Martin

mwilson99

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsBadcrumble on Mon May 28, 2012 7:08 pm

Hi Martin,

I agree with the anti-socialness (yes, it is now a word, as I used it too) of doing this plan. I've struggled to keep my social calendar going, and keep strictly on plan, but used the same principles as you. Days when you go out planning to be home by a certain time, then you get side-tracked, plans change, and you're not back by the planned mealtime, so have to try to improvise. Thank goodness for there being an M&S at service stations now, where I pick up slices of roast chicken breast and a bag of brazil nuts in times of need.

22lb in 4 weeks is really good going... I've done a similar amount in over double that time, so it is fab.

I loved your 'commission' comment, it did make me chuckle, and is exactly how I feel sometimes, but I guess these guys have a job to do.

I agree about the omelette. I've had a sample sachet to try for about 2 months now, and have yet to summon up the courage to try it. I can't even cope with the egg stuff they do at McDonalds, let along something that's in powder form. Still doesn't make sense to not crack a couple of eggs and have one that way? There's probably extra vitamins, or something in them... or just powder with less calories?

Stick with it, and here's to a good week ahead. Not long now til that holiday, so at least you have a great goal to aim for.

Sarah Smile
MrsBadcrumble

Back to top Go down

Post by mwilson99 on Mon May 28, 2012 6:45 pm

Hi All

I approached the scales with a little trepidation this morning. As happens this time of year, had an invite to a bbq on Saturday night; the BIG problem with following this diet, is the anti socialness (don't think that's a real word, but it does describe this well). Wasn't sure whether to go or not, as willpower really isn't my strong point, however, I went with some rules firmly in my head. Had some food, but stuck rigidly to solid protein, chicken, fish etc, and some green salad. I was working yesterday, so had no problem sticking to fizzy water all night too. I was still a bit concerned I was damaging the weight loss, but was happy that I stuck to food that should have kept me in ketosis.

So, the scales read 14st 3 this morning, which is total of 22lb in four weeks. Still delighted with how it's going, and it shouldn't be long until I get down to my initlai target. If this is reached before I go away, I'm going to try and continue, to maximise the effects of this.

Good luck everyone else.

Martin

mwilson99

Back to top Go down

Post by mwilson99 on Thu May 24, 2012 8:03 pm

You must be on commission......

Even the thought of an omlette that I don't have to crack eggs for, doesn't sit right with me. To be honest, I use this process to lose weight quickly, and tell myself that it's my penance for letting myself need these products. The shakes fit well into how I try to get through this, and I don't really expect to be enjoying them, I just want to get through them; the shakes are made, and are downed in one gulp.............My little "treats" are the bars and will now include wafers (after i order today, remember to look out for that on your commission slip Laughing ) just thought actually, will need to order tomorrow, trying the puffs tonight.

So, thanks for the encouragement, but I will decline these hot meals for now.

Martin

mwilson99

Back to top Go down

Great News

Post by Admin on Thu May 24, 2012 7:18 pm

Hi Martin, great news, glad you liked your samples, it really helps to alleviate the boredom if you can have a few choices. Hopefully one day you can just try one of the hot meal. How about an Cheese & Bacon omelette, sure LL never had something like this and therefore no gagging. Smile

All best
flower
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 905
Registration date : 2008-11-01

http://thekeediet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by mwilson99 on Thu May 24, 2012 8:35 am

Hi Sarah

On 11th July I head for Menorca, for two weeks in the sun (not counting of course.....). so I had to lose a bit of weight before inflicting the sight of this half naked body on anyone.

Two years ago, after LL, I went on holiday at 13st 8 and I swore that by the next year, I'd be lighter. Obviously that didn't happen, but I'm determined to go away, 13st 8 at the heaviest. That is my initlial target weight, anything lower will be a great bonus.

I have actually just received some samples of other foods today, but I have to admit, after gagging on the LL hot foods, and trying quorn mince several months ago, I won't be going there.....The hazlenut shake/ smoothie was great (best yet) and the wafer was a revelation, they'll both be on the proper order this week. I also have some soya puffs to try, so if they're ok, I'll have a bigger variety for the next few weeks.

Hope all is going well for you and the other kee users.

Martin

mwilson99

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsBadcrumble on Wed May 23, 2012 12:49 am

Hi Martin,

glad to see your weekend of madness didn't impact upon your loss. At the rate you've gone already, that 11lb will melt away no problem.

I've not done LL, but have a close friend who has, and she says the Kee hot meals are nothing like the LL ones (ie. they're edible), if that helps? Why not order a sample of some to try? That's what I did for snacks, and alternatives to what I was eating every day, as the boredom long-term will definitely undermine my efforts. I also think it's good for your digestive system to have the variety, and prepares if more for when you are moving back onto more normal meals again, as I think that might be part of the reason for rapid weight gain afterwards.

My personal favourite is the Mexican Chilli, as it's more like a normal meal of veggie mince, the flavour is good, and it's perfect with a selection of veggies with it. The cottage pie is fine, although as the weeks have gone on, I've become a little bored of it, and the spaghetti bolognese is fine also, although I know some have said it's a little too spicy for their tastes, but then that's what I miss on a diet, and have a savoury tooth. I can also recommend the soy puffs in pretty much all the flavours. I found them a life saver on a long train journey as a good stop-gap, and the calories in them are very low.

Keep up the good work, and thanks for coming back to update us with your progress. It's always nice to hear how others are getting along. BTW, where are you going on holiday?

Sarah Smile
MrsBadcrumble

Back to top Go down

Post by mwilson99 on Wed May 23, 2012 12:24 am

Thanks for the reply

I am doing the rapid burn, and the results are very promising, which is why I asked the question in the first place, I didn't want the use of these to affect my ketosis.

I only take these meds occassisonally, and am off them already, so didn't want to make an issue of it with my doctor.

Martin

mwilson99

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue May 22, 2012 10:12 pm

Hello Martin!!

I noticed the question you asked yesterday regarding meds.

I have seen that you say in your post you are on 3 shakes a day and 1 bar in the evening and so i assmue you are on the Rapid Burn diet?

We do advise that before starting any plan, you seek medical advice with your GP as they can give guidance regarding medication etc however the information i have here tells me that with medications such as Omeprozole and Diclofenac that a doctors consulation does need to be sought.

The guidelines that we offer suggest that when taking Diclofenac and Omeprazole it is recommended that you follow a plan of no less that 810/1000 calories depending on what the medications are being used to treat, as these particular medications can be troublesome for the stomach and are therefore to be taken with 'food'.

At Kee we are of course not medical experts however we do follow guidelines and offer support and help based on these guidelines that we have.

I hope this helps someway to answering the question that you had however it is always best to see your GP for confirmation, i hope this is something you may consider. If you require any more help please get in touch and we will be happy to assist.

Admin

flower
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mwilson99 on Mon May 21, 2012 6:54 pm

Third week out of the way, and back on track after my meal out at the end of the second week.

I was a bit concerned as I stood on the scales this morning, as I went off the rails a bit after that meal, and spent the whole weekend eating like I used to, that will be what I have to conquer at the end of this initial weight loss period. The other thing that concerned me slightly, was the fact that I bought some ketostix last week, and I didn't seem to get into ketosis until the 4th or 5th day. In saying that, I didn't experience any of the very unpleasant days, in getting into ketosis this time.

So, as I said, back on track, and I weighed in at 14st 8lbs this morning; that's a total of 17lbs so far, so with my weekend of madness, I am very pleased at how things are going.

My initial target was to get down to 13st 8 before my holiday, so I have 11lb to lose in 6 weeks to reach that. If I can continue at 2 - 3lb per week, I'll be an extremely happy man.

The shakes are geting a bit repetetive, but still can't bring myself to try the hot meals after those ones from LL. For the life of me, I just can't forget the texture of the chilli and porridge they made, and I think it's safer for me to stick with the shakes.

A quick question for admin though, I have a back problem which has flared up this weekend, how does medication affect ketosis? I am supposed to take diclofenac for my back, but this then aggravates my stomach, which I need to take omeprozole for. However, I don't want to jeapordise my ketosis or weight loss.

Good luck everyone else.......

Martin

Last edited by mwilson99 on Mon May 21, 2012 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to put in a question)

mwilson99

Back to top Go down

Post by Clemmie_d on Mon May 14, 2012 5:04 am

Way to go Martin!

Men tend to do really well on VLCD's. I envy you there!

Keep going!
Clemmie_d

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2012-05-10

Back to top Go down

Hi

Post by Admin on Fri May 11, 2012 10:16 pm

Hi Martin, sure you will be fine you seem to have the determination, just try to make as many intelligent choices as possible and be led by your head, not your heart or stomach..

You must try our hot meals Cottage Pie (looks a little unsavoury, but taste lovely), Spag Bol, Chilli, Cheese & Bacon Omelette or just cheese, they are delicious and will really help with the boredom. You could sit down to a meal that looks delicious with real veg, salad, how about a huge flat mushroom or large filled green pepper. Tempted yet.... Very Happy
flower
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mwilson99 on Fri May 11, 2012 6:19 pm

As mentioned previously, I have a dinner tonight so will be off the shakes until Sunday. I sort of wish I'd waited until after this to start, so I was only going through that bad few days one time, but hey, I'll cope......

I can't help but look forward to the re-start, and continuation of this, as it's now working like a dream. No hunger at all, just the boredom from sahke after shake, but I can't face even trying the hot meals after the LL ones.

So, scales this morning read 14 st 10lb, which is an incredible 15lb in 11 days. Obviously this will take a bit of a hit this weekend, but next week and beyond is looking very promising. I know this rate of loss will slow down too, but I'm looking forward to the day again, when I can start writing my weight, beginning with a 13st.....

Good luck everyone else.

Martin

mwilson99

Back to top Go down

Brill VLCD Weight Loss

Post by Admin on Tue May 08, 2012 5:23 pm

Hi Martin, cheers
Brill weight loss, 11lb in one week - well done you Very Happy , hopefully with so many KeeDiet products to choose from you wont get bored this time, don't forget our amazing Hot Meals these are delicious on their own or with the permitted veggies - salad and may just make your journey to target much easier than when following LL

All the best
flower
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannib78 on Tue May 08, 2012 8:43 am

Well done martin!!!!

11lb is a fab start hope all keeps heading in that direction.

Danni x
Dannib78

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2012-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsBadcrumble on Mon May 07, 2012 8:42 pm

Hi Martin,

What a wonderful boost for the first week to have lost 11lb! If that doesn't give you the incentive to stick to it after your meal out, then I don't know what will? I had the cold hands/feet thing too, and found that just made me feel like staying indoors and not moving. It even took me ages to get warmed up in bed at night, and ended up wrapped up like an eskimo (it's not a good look, believe me)!

All credit to you for only having the shakes for your meals. I don't think I would go the distance if that was all I was having. The variety of Kee is what has meant I've stuck with it for these past weeks.

I hope you enjoy your meal out, and hope you don't find getting back on plan too difficult. I've got a meal out on Wednesday this week, so will have to go through the same thing.

Have a good week.

Sarah Smile
MrsBadcrumble

Back to top Go down

Post by mwilson99 on Mon May 07, 2012 8:18 pm

Well, that's the first week done - a few observations about me and this way of losing weight first.....

As mentioned previously, the first few days weren't pleasant. But, also spent the whole week being freezing, especially feet and hands.....However, once those three days were out the way, boredom is the only real problem.

The meal packs weren't too bad, and I just alternate strawberry, banana and chocolate shakes for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and have some kind of bar in the evening to keep me going. I tend to get a bit hypoglycemic if I don't eat regularly, so try to stick to eating at the same times every day.
There's a knack to mixing the shakes to get no lumps, and happy to say I now have this down to a fine art.

Water isn't a problem, I work from home, so I have a pint glass sitting next to me most times. I'm probably drinking at least 3 - 4 litres per day. Being at home also helps with the amount of times I have to go to the loo......

I must admit, that when I did LL, after a few weeks, I sometimes didn't take the full amount of meals, as I just didn't feel hungry. Going to make sure I take everything this time.

I'm a bit disappointed that I will be off it for a couple of days at the weekend, but after this week, I'll have 8 weeks until I go on holiday. If I have the willpower to stay on this eating plan until then, I know the results will be there at the end of it.

So, the important part; I stood on the scales at 15st exactly this morning, so that's an 11lb loss for week 1. Very happy with that, and can't help thinking about how long it would take to lose that, on a traditional diet.

I will weigh myself again on Friday, to try and give myself a boost before going out for dinner on Friday, and will be jumping straight back on the shakes ASAP.

Good luck to everyone else.

Martin

mwilson99

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsBadcrumble on Sat May 05, 2012 5:02 am

Hi Martin,

You're not the first guy to post on the forum, but the other's don't seem to have come back!!

Hopefully you'll find Kee just as palatable, if not more so, than LL. A lot of those switching over from other VLCD packs seem to be fairly complimentary of them in comparison.

I'm not too bothered by the meal packs (like the spaghetti bolognese or chilli), as they're pretty similar to a vegetarian 'Beanfeast' dried soya mince, and bulking them out with some leeks, broccoli and cabbage actually makes it feel more like an ordinary meal to me. I also find them more filling, and for longer, than a shake or the bars.

You'll probably find your weightloss is a lot faster than we girls have, as your BMR is going to be higher than our's, so you should easily look to lose over a stone in the first month I would think.

It is a pain when we have socialising commitments, and difficult dipping in/out of a diet like this, but with determination and the knowledge that it does work, it can be done. I have a meal to go to in the middle of next week, and I simply cannot get around it. I'm just going to go, try to eat as sensibly as possible, and then jump back into Kee again. Other's here are doing the same.

Good luck with your journey, and maybe you'll be a fella who doesn't mind popping your head round the virtual door to us gaggle of girls to say hello, and let us know how you're getting along.

Sarah Smile
MrsBadcrumble

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannib78 on Sat May 05, 2012 1:42 am

Hi Martin

Welcome and congrats to you for doing a vlcd again!!

We'll look forward to hearing the male perspective on a diet like this and if you encounter same experiences.

Yes you need to have P/d
4 x meal packs
1 x snack
2 cups of veg
Opt 200 skimmed milk.

Best of luck
Danni x
Dannib78

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2012-03-20

Back to top Go down

Hello

Post by mwilson99 on Fri May 04, 2012 8:09 pm

Hi

I've trawled through the forum as much as I can, but can't see any posts by any men, so thought I'd be the first.........

I did LL two years ago and lost 4 1/2 stone over a few months. The weight has slowly crept back on, and I stepped on the scales to a bit of a shock a couple of weeks ago. I decided I was going back on a VLCD, but also decided that LL was just too expensive. Had a look around and came accross Kee and Exante, happy to say I chose Kee......

I started on Monday at 15 st 11, can't say I'm particulary enjoying the packs, but getting through them just the same. On LL, I couldn't stand the hot meals, so tended to stick to shakes and bars. I've done the same this time, and I have a few weeks worth to see how I get on. As remembered, the first few days were awful, especially Wednesday. My willpower was severely tested, but I'm glad to say I got through it.

I'll initially be on the program until next Friday, when I have a dinner to go to, that I just can't get out of. I'll start back up on the following Monday (OCD won't let me start anything, on any day but a Monday). I'm not lookihng forward to the few days it takes to get back into ketosis, but I have very little option. The plan is then just to see how it goes; I go on holiday on 11th July, so ideally, I'll be on this until just before I go.

History tells me that a VLCD will work well for me, so fingers crossed that I manage to stay on the right path for the next couple of months.

Martin

QQ - are men supposed to take an extra pack and/ or vegetables?

mwilson99

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum