» NEW VLCD BARS AND PIZZA WAFERS
Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:57 pm by KeeSupport

» VLCD - BACK IN STOCK
Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:36 pm by KeeSupport

» KeeDiet Soup Price Reduction
Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:05 pm by KeeSupport

» Exante Diet Shake Review
Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:36 am by KeeSupport

» Keediet newbie - day 3 on rapid- anyone else out there?? it seems quiet.
Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:47 pm by KeeSupport

» Slimmer Mikey's Blog(s) 2015
Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:38 am by KeeSupport

» NEW READY DIET MEAL - ADD TO THE KEEDIET STORE
Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:38 am by KeeSupport

» KEEDIET - VLCD SALE
Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:34 am by KeeSupport

INTRO WENDY BREW

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How fab!

Post by helendalton on Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:07 pm

[quote="i was skiing again this morning, it must be good for the inner thighs as they are not letting me go to the top of the slope yet so i have to get off the tow partway and side step up to my allotted point!!

[/quote]

Cor, where do you do that? It sounds fab!

Hels

helendalton

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2012-09-04

Back to top Go down

Re: INTRO WENDY BREW

Post by Annabelle on Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:18 am

Hows Ms Wendy Brew getting on?

Annabelle

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2010-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Annabelle on Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:50 am

two and a half decades!!!

and i dont mind in the slightest actually, at 37 i do often tell her im not over the hill YET regardless what she thinks Razz
and my mum is exactly 2 and half decades older than me, it is but an age and if i look as good at 62 as my mum does ill feel quite chipper about it Smile

skiing is a MUST if im not to be a danger to myself and others on the slopes at new year.....and new man eh!! well new man will equate to a better work out that me doing a one hour session a week of skiing im sure, so heed ur own advice Wendy, we wouldnt want u passing out at inopportune moment Wink

belle x

Annabelle

Back to top Go down

INFO WENDY BREW

Post by Wendy Brew on Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:30 am

Reason I asked how old your daughter, was to make a point your nearly 3DECADES OLDER.......snot nice is it ? Talkin about mommies in terms of decades, imagine your daughter tellin her mates..." yeah,my moms nearly LIKE 3 DECADES older than me " ..
Lecture over,,how's your daughters weight?
Skiing I'm well jealous "good for you" , Do remember your not eating enough to seriously exercise, so take it easy, don't burn yourself out! AS I UNDERSTAND THE FACTS AS TO HOW DIET WORKS ....IF YOU OVER EXERSISE BURNING LARGE AMOUNTS OF CALORIES....YOUR BODY WILL HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO TAKE ENERGY FROM YOUR MUSCLES NOT YOUR FAT STORE !
That's as I understand the pitfall of exercise on a VLCD !!!!

YOU SHOULD LOOK INTO THAT, I'VE NOT BOTHERED AS I REFUSE TO EXERSISE .....EVEN FOR FUN !!!!
Having said that I've a new man in my life...and I do sexersize.....wx
Regarding BMI I agree I personally don't think it takes enough into consideration ,like age or even build.....as for I/we COULD BE 8 STONE........I/WE COULD BE MEN....AND IN MY CASE JUST AS MUCH SURGERY ....ITS A LITTLE LOTTLE UNREASONABLE BMI...

Wendy Brew

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2012-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Annabelle on Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:27 am

ur pep talks rock!!

my daughter is 12, she does brilliantly at school proper model pupil academically and behaviour wise, as she saves all the attitude for when she gets home to me lol! typical pre-teen i guess, my friends have boys and i must say they seem to get it easier than me!! that said, she's my buddy and i wouldn't be without her, or her snash, for the world!!

hows your weekend been? i was skiing again this morning, it must be good for the inner thighs as they are not letting me go to the top of the slope yet so i have to get off the tow partway and side step up to my allotted point!!

Annabelle

Back to top Go down

INTRO WENDY BREW

Post by Wendy Brew on Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:09 pm

Annabelle DON'T TALK ABOUT YOUR MOM IN TERMS OF DECADES!!poor mom x
How old is your child ????
As for me staying I WOULD BE PROUD TO HELP A TRYER ACHIEVE YOUR GOAL...IM PROUD OF YOU EACH DAY , YOU REMIND ME OF ME STARTING THE JOURNEY...WITH THE MINDSET YOU HAVE YOU'RE SOO GONNA GET THERE.....SENSE OF HUMOR SOO HELPS, YOU ARE GOING TO DO IT THIS TIME.... OR YOU'LL LEAVE GIVE IN ...........AND....THEN COME BACK TO IT .......FIRSTLY WHAT'S THE POINT ! Secondly and most importantly I wont be here THEN ....
WANT IT ENOUGH...THATS ALL I DID TO MOTIVATE ME....I WANTED IT MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE!!!!
Encouragement obviously comes from friends and family....BUT I FOUND THE MOST ENCOURAGEMENT CAME FROM PEOPLE WHO DIDN'T KNOW ME ..BUT HAD WATCHED ME SHRINK...AND EVENTUALLY SO NOTICEBLY THAT THEY "HAD" TO ASK ME WHATS BEEN DOING... SOME SAID AT FIRST THEY THOUGHT I MIGHT BE I'LL DUE TO RAPID WEIGHT LOSS....THEN AS I LOOKED SOO MUCH BETTER IN MYSELF. MAKE UP. TRENDIER CLOTHES ...GENERALLY ME MAKING AN EFFORT WITH MYSELF.......THEY THEN KNEW I WASN'T ILL AND THAT'S WHEN THE COULD RESIST NO LONGER AND WOULD APPROACH ME ......THEY ENCOURAGED ME AS THEYBWENT OUT OF THEIR WAY TO SAY WHAT AN AMAZING TRANSFORMATION " I HAD ACHEIVED " ...people LOVE people WHO TRY AND AGAINST THE ODDS ACHEIVE GREAT THINGS.......
YOU WILL GET THAT, YOU'LL SEE....AND HOPEFULLY LIKE ME IT INSPIRES YOU TO PROVE TO THEM "YOU ARE THE ONE AGAINST THE ODDS WILL PROVE HOW YOU ARE SO MUCH OF A DETERMINED PERSON YOU BROKE THROUGH TO BE ONE OF THE FEW THAT SAW IT THROUGH TO THE END AND ACHEIVED YOUR GOAL" they love people to do this AS IT GIVES THEM HOPE!!!!! YOU CAN IF IT'S AT ALL A POSSIBLE OF BEING DONE .........BE THE INSPIRATION TO OTHERS ...WE ALL NEED IN THIS LIFE'S DIFFICULT RAT RACE .....TO SEE SOMEONE ACHEIVE WHAT WAS SEEN TO BE THE IMPOSSIBLE....YOU CAN LEAD THE WAY...
THEY SAY...........A WOMAN IS LIKE A TEABAG .....YOU JUST DON'T KNOW HOW STRONG THEY ARE........UNTIL YOU PUT THEM IN HOT WATER!!!!
Belle honey, you're a real strong one.....x x

Wendy Brew

Back to top Go down

Post by Annabelle on Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:09 am

SIX stone?!! omg thats frightening Wendy, and very sad Sad

i ate myself through the last years of marriage, as soon as i got shot of him i went from 16st 4lbs to 14st in a matter of months out of pure joy, met my "soulmate" got down to just under 13st and was still losing when we split up lol.....and since then iv been piling it steadily back on again

My mum is a decade older than you, she is 9st 8lbs and id say she really couldnt afford to lose anymore! I look at her sometimes with her razor sharp shoulders and think eeeeee a bit of chub would make u look softer!

got to love bmi scales tho, they reckon i/we could be as light as 8st, get out of here!! i wouldnt want to be that thin xx

Last edited by Annabelle on Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:10 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : missed out a word)

Annabelle

Back to top Go down

INTRO WENDY BREW

Post by Wendy Brew on Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:34 pm

All the cheap shops you've mentioned,noting luckily jeggings leggings have been in, with cardis that again luckily look fine being oversized.. Chunky ..
The other thing that didn't occur to me was UNDIES GOT TOO BIG ...CHEAP AS BLK AND WHITE THAT'D STRETCH ....AS SOON AS I WAS OUT OF A SIZE THEY WENT TO CHARITY SHOPS OR CLOTHING BINS.......DO NOT KEEP ANY..PROMISE ME!!!!!!!
THERES ONLY ONE REASON TO KEEP THEM......SO DON'T....
Not quite a size 12, but boil wash and tumble dry 14s and half way through the day they're baggy again ...mostly on my legs...not quite on my belly..
But still best part of a stone to go...
When I went through the AWFUL FIRST DIVORCE I Was 29yrs old, and through the stress lost a load of weight .....TO BECOME 6 stone .....how mad is that!!!!
I looked like a skeleton .. I COULD PROBABLY LOOSE ALITTLE MORE THAN 1lb under 10stone BUT AT FIFTY TOO THIN CAN LOOK WORSE ...SO ILL SEE ... MAYBE 10stone will be too thin ...AND I COULD EAT MY WAY BACK UP!!!! joke x
............ONE CAN BUT ONLY DREAM.....XX

Wendy Brew

Back to top Go down

Post by Annabelle on Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:14 pm

Ahhh the JOY of being a size 12, how fantastic!!

what did u do clothes wise as u were shrinking?? Im guessing because it happened so fast you didnt buy a whole new wardrobe of clothes for each size!!

im thinking primark/tescos/asda might become my new clothes shopping haunts as i dont want to buy expensive stuff (especially for work) if im going to be out of them again in a matter of a few weeks <<< ever the optomist lol

under 10stone....i cant even get my head round that!! amazing!!

and id be SOOO pleased if you stayed on to keep me company, you are definitely making my dieting journey more palatable lol xx

Annabelle

Back to top Go down

RE INTRO WENDY BREW

Post by Wendy Brew on Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:31 am

Its ONLY 13 days IF... I'VE MADE MY TARGET ...IF NOT,....IT'S HOWEVER MANY MORE IT TAKES TO BE UNDER 10 stone....... 1lb under will do! SO let's cross our fingers .

..I PROMISE even when I'm done I WILL POST YOU EACH DAY UNTIL YOU'RE DONE!!!!

MY 14s are LOOSE BAGGY NOW so I know I'm going to be in a size 12 FROM A 22 in about 10 weeks ON THE VLC DIET.....AND 5 stone lighter.....VERY SOON !!!!!!!
THATS WHY YOU MUST KEEP IT UP BELLE X.
YOURE BEING TESTED ALL THE TIME AND NOT CAVING....

BELLE BE PROUD,
SAY IT OUT LOUD,
WHATEVER IT TAKES,
ILL REMAIN ON THE SHAKES,
FOR MY MISSIONS TO BE,
THE OLD SLIMMER ME......X

WENDY

Wendy Brew

Back to top Go down

Post by Annabelle on Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:02 am

sooo mrs skinny minny how are we today?

less fed up, just as fed up, but more importantly slimmmmmm and fed up???!!!

im finding my resolve teeters at this time of night but once iv conquered it im full of vim the following morning!

13 days to go?? u really are on the final countdown!!

Annabelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Annabelle on Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:18 am

aww wendy i dont blame you for being fed up, it is HARD!! but only 14 days left to weight PERFECTION!! imagine being able to say you are absolutely spot on and where uv strived to be (at least weight wise).....i dont think iv ever been able to say that about anything in my life so far LOL!

YOU GO CHICK, YOU KNOW U CAN HANDLE IT!!

Annabelle

Back to top Go down

INTRO WENDY BREW

Post by Wendy Brew on Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:25 am

IM NOW 10STONE 10LB INSTEAD OF 11 STONE 7LB WHEN I STARTED TWO WEEKS AGO TUESDAY TO TUESDAY....HARD WORK THIS TIME , DONT KNOW WHY ,I THINK I WAS EXCITED AT THE LOSS FIRST TIME ..IM NOW FED UP OF BEING HERE , AS IF I NEVER HAD THE BREAK....IM HAPPY BUT FED UP ALSO BORED WITH IT AND STILL TWO WEEKS TO GO ..UNLESS I HAVENT LOST THE 11LB TO TAKE ME TO JUST UNDER 10 STONE...25 BMI AND ALL DONE.....FOREVER AND EVER AMEN...

Wendy Brew

Back to top Go down

Post by Annabelle on Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:16 pm

WOW! Fantastic weightloss for week 2!!

does this mean you are officially 10st something now? OMG how exciting!!

Well done Wendy cheers

Annabelle

Back to top Go down

INTRO WENDY BREW

Post by Wendy Brew on Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:57 pm

LOST 4lb LAST WEEK & 6lb THIS WEEK TOTAL FORTNIGHT 10lb ME HAPPY BUNNY....X
35lb LESS 10lb IS 25lb TO FINISH....2 1/2 STONE ...WX

Wendy Brew

Back to top Go down

Post by Annabelle on Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:13 am

you CAN do it, you've proven that already!!

welcome back Smile

Annabelle

Back to top Go down

INTRO WENDY BREW

Post by Wendy Brew on Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:06 am

Ive been away so no laptop...BUT you've coped perfectly well without me,shows your commitment..I did a weekend at my brothers sticking to diet..harder than being at home doing it. You can distract yourself more at home. Also not have to watch other people cook and then eat REAL FOOD. I'm back two more weeks from tomorrow. I CAN DO IT ...I CAN DO IT !

Wendy Brew

Back to top Go down

Post by Annabelle on Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:26 pm

Good morning Wendy, not heard from you in a few days, hope things are good with you

Belle

Annabelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Annabelle on Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:39 am

u really are a success story....albeit not quite at the end of your journey

i get the not doing hair make up thing, at the end of my 18yr (awful) marriage i was actually a stone and a half heavier than i am now, and although i left him, looking back i wouldnt have been surprised if he left me i was such a mess lol

and as for my picture its from the neck up lol, i wouldnt DARE post a full length one or god forbid a "side on" with all the chins and tummy tires that entails eeeeeek!!

and yes.....cant wait to go into a shop and pick something off the rail, without having to see if i can squeeze into it first, and knowing i will look good in it, as opposed to if it even goes half way to concealing my lumpy bumpy bits!

bring it on!!

Annabelle

Back to top Go down

Re intro Wendy brew

Post by Wendy Brew on Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:56 am

I did NO exercise at all, during the 7/8weeks. Surprised Cool First week, when they did the ketosis stick I was dehydrated, from then on, I drank as much water as I could drink ( I would take a guess at 3/4 ltrs ).. I stuck to the LL diet to the letter..no veg..no milk. Literally the four items, black coffee and tea.. No chewing gum, I'd asked could I ? HONESTLY NOTHING ELSE.. I started very end of October and finished a week before Xmas.. I WAS SIZE 22.. and 15stone 4lbs the first week of November........ I lost different pounds different weeks, I shrinking down sizes very rapidly..22/ 20/ 18/ 16/ ......14 Four sizes .
I'm not in a size 14 "just about", I'm comfortable.. Having had four children.. Starting when I was 17years old.... My chef son 32yrs in March.... Then my only daughter 30yrs in a couple of months.....Then my 25yrs son (whom was 10lb 14oz born) Last but not least the youngest son whose 10yrs old. So at 17yrs I had a baby, ......then at nearly 40yrs I had the last one, 23years of having children.. Two AWFULL MARRIGIES ...Two DREADFUL DIVORCES..it's all taken it's toll... So with my son pushing me to.. I started LL, and at £72.00 per week I was not going to ""CHEAT"" on ME.!!! I WAS going to get my son to put my FAT picture up, I will put my goal picture up when I'm 1lb under 10 stone....... BUT I'm not now, I've seen you LOL X. I honestly am like the adds, that dont look true or possible, people two very different sizes.....I'm SO different it does not even look like me (the fat picture) of course you can dress SO much better in the smaller sizes CHIOCES! and another HONESTY I was too "couldn't careless" to make an effort with my hair or make up,ECT...
I hope to get him to actually do that for me..Because I look like a different person now..
At the school picking up my youngest moms who didn't know me, were/are asking what have I done? My friends couldn't believe the difference over the weekends EVEN.. The one funny thing I will take from this is, although I was changing my Jeans I had to dig out old smaller ones , that I'd kept.. I didn't think about my UNDERWEAR not fitting me any more and ( WITHIN MY JEANS) my knickers fell down , so I got cheapy underwear to see me through each downsize, AND my treat to myself when I'm at my goal is new lovely lovely underwear, I'm sick of black/ White stretchy undies!!!!
Do you know I've even shrunken a shoe size , I'm a size 5 but now can comfortably wear size 4.. How mads that! Luckily I wear boots and trainers so my old foot wears just fine... BUT SIZE FOURS ARE MORE LIKELY TO BE IN THE SALES....""gettin"". .

Last edited by Wendy Brew on Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:06 am; edited 1 time in total

Wendy Brew

Back to top Go down

Post by Annabelle on Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:00 am

Sat at work, obssessing/grieving that i wont have my Friday night dominos pizza and wine and then your weight loss sprung into my head once more (which is a good thing believe me) and then it dawned on me you must have been close to losing half a stone a WEEK to get those results!!

were you exercising like a crazy person whilst on LL and drinking LOADS (i drink the quota but not much over it)?

Annabelle

Back to top Go down

Post by slimmer mikey on Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:24 am

Just re forum etiquette, using capitals is considered by a lot of people to mean you are SHOUTING. It would be better to take your caps lock off Smile

Other than that you are doing just fine.

slimmer mikey

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2012-07-20

Back to top Go down

INRO WENDY BREW

Post by Wendy Brew on Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:24 am

I WAS KIDDING ABOUT ETIQUETE, I DONT CARE..ME TOO FIRST TIME EVER IN FORUM. ACTUALLY MY FIRST DIET WAS LL IN NOVEMBER ...MY FIRST LAST AND ONLY DIET THIS IS ..

Wendy Brew

Back to top Go down

Post by Annabelle on Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:18 am

ur doing great and have exactly the same ethos as my mum (you are far younger i hasten to add!) my point being she lost 3st in a year by conventional means, just cutting out, counting calories etc but weighs herself weekly and if she has put on a pound or 2 she restricts herself accordingly till it comes back off again!

dont know if there is blogging etiquette i just didnt want to be rude!! im new at the forum thing myself

Belle x

Annabelle

Back to top Go down

INTRO WENDY BREW

Post by Wendy Brew on Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:46 am

I'VE only just realised we have our own pages....god I'm sorry to be writing ALL OVER MIKES BLOG...I DID SAY THOUGH I'VE NEVER DONE THIS BEFORE ......MAYBE SOMEONE COULD EXPLAIN THE ETIQUETTE..
ANYWAY IN MY VERY OWN PAGE.....I AGREE, ALL THAT MIKES SUGGESTING IS GOOD ADVICE, ESPECIALLY YOU TAKING NOTE, THAT UNLESS YOU PUT IN PLACE, MEASURES TO CHANGE HOW,WHEN,WHAT YOU EAT ...WHEN YOU GO OFF THIS KEE DIET..LOGICALLY YOU'LL BE BACK ON IT. FAR TOO MANY PEOPLE PUT IT ALL BACK ON OR MORE. I HAVEN'T NOT A JOT ( IN 8 MONTHS )..1LB / 2LB OVER AND IM HAVING A VERY LOW CALORIE ''DAY'' BREAKFAST LF YOGHURT .. LUNCH COTTAGE CHEESE TUNA ECT PLENTY SALAD NO DRESSING... EVE MEAL BAKED POTATO HEALTHY TOPPING.. I THINK I NOW UNDERSTAND THIS IS VERY SIMILAR TO WHAT MIKE DOES..
THEN WHEN 2LBS GONE.. BACK TO REGULAR HEALTHY EATING. ALSO IF I WANT A NIGHT OUT ( IVE SAID I NO LONGER DRINK ALCOHOL ..I CAN I JUST DONT ) SAY A CURRY,I HAVE ONE NO WORRIES BUT IF THE 2LBS COMES ON BACK TO LOW CAL DAY.. WHICH IS SIMILAR TO A DIET MENTIONED IN HAWKLANS BLOG OR INTRO..WHICH IS..EAT/ FOOD /FAST
WHERE PEOPLE I GATHER OR GUESS MORE LIKE ...LITERALLY HAVE '' FASTING '' DAYS ....PREFER MINE.
BUT FOR ALL MY GOING ON ITS TO AGREE WITH MIKE ..LOOK AT HOW YOU GOT TO THE SIZE YOU WERE ''HONESTLY''
TRUE TO YOU, I MEAN x THEN AS WITH THE WINE ..REMOVE TEMPTATION, I GIVE MYSELF RULES AS IVE EXPLAINED..YOU CAN HAVE THE CAKE...BUT TOMORROW COTTAGE CHEESE DAY ECT.. HOPE THIS IS A HELP x

I DO A LOT OF WALKING, AND I DID GET MYSELF A TREADMILL (AGREE WITH MIKE COSTLY EQUIPMENT NOT NESRY)
BUT MY SON INTO HIS TRAINING AS EXPLAINED SO HES BUILT A GYM IN THE GARAGE, AND NOW YOUR PROBABLY WONDERING WHY I HADNT USED IT BEFORE NOW ...NOT TO GET FAT ..FIRSTLY ITS RECENTLY..SECONDLY AND NEARER THE TRUTH..I HAVE LOST POUNDS AND POUNDS ON GYM EQUIPMENT.....BUYING IT!!!!!!!!!
BUT, WITH MY SON TRAINING IN THERE WITH HIS YOUNGER BRO, THERES COMPANY TO WORK WITH, IM NOT A FANATIC I DO 20 MINS A DAY ON TREADMILL..WALKING SET TO ''UPHILL''.. I JUST CANT MOTIVATE MYSELF TO WORK OUT ON MY OWN..

Wendy Brew

Back to top Go down

Post by Annabelle on Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:24 pm

Very good point Mikey, im lucky that i live right at the foot of the hills and when i say hills they would be classed as mountains in england so once iv got past my initial 2 weeks ill start walking up them, its great for cardio because they are literally straight up!

I can cook, its all about time with me plus theres nothing i hate more than spending my one day off trudging round a supermarket, so im planning to start shopping online and making food in batches is an excellent idea, either that or hire Wendy's fitness (freak) chef son lol

sorry to hijack your post Wendy, ill sneak off to my own page now......toodles Smile

Annabelle

Back to top Go down

Post by slimmer mikey on Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:13 pm

I understand what you say about the convenience of something Protikee. So, in your post you have highlighted a significant problem that needs to be sorted once the Protikee finishes. Finding a way of keeping the weight off is a far more important challenge that doing Protikee and so, having identified the problem, you now need to do the second half of the process and find a solution.

I know it won't be for a few weeks now, but start thinking about food and shopping once normal food has to be introduced. My basic advice is to stay away from any premade meals, always make stuff yourself. Now this doesn't have to complicated or time consuming. For example, what I tend to do is make stuff that lasts a few days then you only spend time cooking every so often. A dead simple thing I like just involves a pack of turkey mince and a tin of tomatoes and some seasoning, about 15 mins to do, lasts for 4 days. Things that can go with pasta mean you only spend 10 mins boiling some pasta. Something like a stew can be low fat, contain loads of veg and all the goodness that comes out when you boil veg stay in there, once cooked the only time needed is to reheat some. You can even freeze these things if you get bored of them after a few days.

Another good one is to cook off a piece of meat. You can freeze some once cooked. My favourite is to boil a gammon joint or roast a turkey leg. You get so much lean meat at a great cost. I like gammon and cottage cheese as a meal, and the turkey makes lovely sandwiches. Chicken salad is another favourite (again, cook off the whole pack of chicken breast at once), but chicken can be pricey. I talk about meat a lot because you will want to up the protein and drop the carbs (especially starchy carbs and sugar) in your diet and buying cooked meat is very expensive.

Doing Protikee is a great way to lose weight, but it is only a small part of the puzzle. The biggest part that you need to tackle is eating normal food effectively.

Also, bear in mind that you will lose some muscle after doing Protikee so I also fully recommend doing to some exercising, including cardio (running, aerobics) and some resistance/weights too. There are plenty of resistance exercises you can do that just use your body weight (squats, pressups etc), no need to go spending loads of money on equipment to get fitter. Building up your muscles and metabolism will help reduce any regains in weight.

Last edited by slimmer mikey on Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:16 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : correction of typo)

slimmer mikey

Back to top Go down

Post by Annabelle on Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:02 pm

lol @ rat race...i concur!!

2 jobs plus my own business, single parent of a stroppy pre-teen....whats easier than to rush in and stuff a microwave meal then a bar of chocolate for desert and wash it down lovingly with a glass of red. EPIC FAIL, would i let my daughter live on that? NO! So why do i let myself?? cos its convenience and the easy way out and u dont have to think about it, which is actually why i liked LL in the past and now protikee because it panders to my disorganised home life and i dont have to spend hours trawling the supermarket and looking at labels!! It may be less tasty than normal food, but it beats the hassle of having to plan ahead!!

Annabelle

Back to top Go down

"Grip on my Life"

Post by Wendy Brew on Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:10 pm

Ohh, I wish, but thanks, I find life to be a rat race, That rats KNOW how to win...I see myself as getting fit enough to participate in the RUDDY RACE!!!!!

There is a "game of life" (game) has anybody got the rules ? Joke!!!!

Wendy Brew

Back to top Go down

Post by slimmer mikey on Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:52 pm

It sounds like you are doing a great job and really getting a grip on your life. Well done.

slimmer mikey

Back to top Go down

ANNABELLE

Post by Wendy Brew on Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:35 pm

It's so good to tell my diet story to someone, who gets it, and understands the journey.
IM 50 years old next March, but nothing, lm going to guess, like any 50 year old you may know,I'm deffinately young at heart, lm told I don't look my age (that being said, they've not seen me in the mornings ) to most people I'm "that nutcase". MADWOMAN is the main one used, by friends who know me well, or by those who are FORTUNATE to cross my path...
My eldest son who is a chef..basically kept on and on at me to sort out my life, through 4 children, and a bad divorce (or 2 ) I had put on a lot of weight, So I joined LL in end of October last year, Got weighed and at 15stones 4lb, my height at 5.5'...the advice was I needed to get under 10 stone 4lb to reach a BMI of 25...So that became my goal, IS MY GOAL..
I decided to be at that weight before I reach my 50th.. So that became the date to do it by...
I stopped the LL at Xmas, and also decided to come off the diet, and do some exercise to firm up a little ( Im lying a LOTTLE) which is what I did, also I'd had a sort of breakdown STRESS, NOT DIET RELATED... LIFE RELATED!!!!!!
I started a completely new eating plan of healthy eating, I DON'T DRINK ANY MORE ....
Did easy exercise like walking and treadmill WALKING... And I've kept to the 11stone 7lbs...my last weight recorded at LL.....
As I've still got that last 1 1/2 stone to loose, before March, thought get back to it Wendy you've a mission to complete.....

AND HERE I AM ONE WEEK DOWN 4lbs LOST....ME A HAPPY BUNNY X

Last edited by Wendy Brew on Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Wendy Brew

Back to top Go down

Post by Annabelle on Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:41 pm

Size 22 to a 14 in 8 weeks is awesome!! it actually made me smile with with glee at the thought that could be me (gets calendar out) by mid october!! To be honest even getting to a 16 by then i would feel over the moon!!

So is your target weight 10 stone? Im focussing on getting to 13st first, then to be fair, anywhere under 11 stone would feel like a miracle, think the last time i was that light i was early 20s and now im jogging closer 40!!

Best of luck in the week ahead x

Annabelle

Back to top Go down

Annabelle

Post by Wendy Brew on Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:41 am

I was actually 15 stone.4lb and I'm 5ft 5 also, so you're exactly where I started from, Believe me, I know its a throw away quote, but,
IF I CAN DO IT, ANYONE CAN, I think as with most things IF YOU WANT IT BAD ENOUGH, I am extremely lucky in the fact, that my eldest son is a Chef,and fitness person [ I have the urge to say FITNESS FREAK but he's my son ] He's moved back home recently and has been ON MY CASE, about my awful food related lifestyle, for health reasons. I resisted for a while, luckily he persisted, the outcome was LL. I therefor have maintained the weight loss, through my sons guidance...

Having said that, Its not rocket science, If you want to eat RUBBISH FOOD, count EVERY calorie up , then be prepared to exercise EVERY calorie back off, THE SAME DAY. If you don't want the exercise, DONT put the calories IN..
Im also very lucky chocolates are not my bag, savouries are my GUILTY PLEASURE, but I've found plenty to snack on that are healthy [when not on the VLCD]. To me IF you've put yourself through this amount of SELF CONTROL doing a VLCD the next step is only that, ANOTHER STEP TO A DIFFERENT, SELF CONTROL, BUT with more choices... These diets VLCD, are not compulsory, therefor YOU ARE already taking the steps of SELF CONTROL, you should be VERY PROUD of that. I AM!

I have a photo of the day before I started LL, It inspires me,my daughter insisted she take the photo, I didn't even want to see it, at the time. ONLY 7/8 WEEKS LATER, at Xmas she gave me the photo in a frame, I was completely shocked, I didn't recognise myself, I had SHRUNK, I was, in the photo ..seven dwarfs.. OLDER, WIDER, SLOUCHY, COUCHY, FRUMPY, LUMPY, and SAD,....... size 22.. AGAIN NOTE ONLY 7/8 WEEKS LATER.....

On Xmas day I wore size 14 jeans and looked A VERY DIFFERENT PERSON.. That's whom I intend to STAY being, only slightly smaller, If I..NO WHEN I, loose this last 1 1/2 stone, I will be under the 25 BMI, HEALTHY, slightly LESS WEALTHY BUT WISE.......

Wendy Brew

Back to top Go down

Post by Annabelle on Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:10 am

Hi Wendy!

Im excited by your post! Especially how much u lost so quickly first time round and being able to keep it off. I too get obsessive, and the urge to weigh myself daily is usually overwhelming but today is my first day and im going to at least try to hang out until Friday so hopefully i get a pleasant surprise!

Good luck in losing the last of your weight, im 15st 3lbs so starting knowing you started off as heavy as me is encouraging!

Belle Smile

Annabelle

Back to top Go down

QUOTE TO NOTE

Post by Wendy Brew on Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:05 pm

I think it was Winston Churchill during the war, to explain to the country, IF WE ALL DO A LITTLE, A GREAT DEAL CAN BE ACHIEVED. Not to ACTUALLY QUOTE THE STATEMENT...BUT .......You can empty a swimming pool,with a teaspoon...IF we all do our little bit together, that's how I see this forum.

Individually we have our daily Battles
with the diets, BUT,
Together We will win the WAR !!!

Last edited by Wendy Brew on Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:14 am; edited 1 time in total

Wendy Brew

Back to top Go down

Post by hawklans on Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:47 am

Welcome Wendy, i'm so impressed that you lost all that weight and have kept it off! Thats more of a challenge than losing it in the first place, as I heard on some awful TV programe over the weekend they quoted something like 90% of all dieters put the weight back on. Depressing, and from my own experience over the past week being off the diet I can see how easily that will be. Also think you are totally correct in not being worried so much about the numbers but more about how you feel, what you can wear etc. I'm massively into my stats, and I have a target weight but as soon as I get close I know it will no longer be about the numbers but about being fit, healthy and comfortable.

Couldnt agree more about LL, main reason I also moved over to Kee.

Good luck with the last bit, they say that the last 2 stone is the hardest but also the healthiest fat to lose (as it is usually around your torso and your vital organs). If there is anything we can help with please just stick a question up on the forum.

hawklans

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2012-05-22

Back to top Go down

INTRO WENDY BREW

Post by Wendy Brew on Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:31 pm

I am slightly better at dieting than using the laptop, I'm Wendy Brew mom of four Ex wife of two, and during the trials and turmoils of that journey I got myself obese, I say obese as that's what my weight and BMI say to those who follow the numbers game...I don't, I am carrying too much weight..to be comfortable, and I can't fit into clothes that used to fit me. I know I eat rubbish food, and I think a major factor to the weight gain is eating far too late in the evening.. I realised if I were to continue to choose this lifestyle I was going to carry FAR TOO MUCH WEIGHT, to do things I need to do, let alone want to do.
So back in End of October last year, inspired by Pauline Quirk (Emmerdale fan) I found LL weighed in at 15stone, followed all procedure to the letter, lost 3stone 7lbs, by Xmas.

Stopped for a "nervous breakdown", NOT DIET RELATED...but since then have maintained the full weight loss. Now over blip of" breakdown", I want to get back on track to loose the last stone and a half.. The months between Xmas and now I've learnt to eat regulary,good foods and not evening munching, to exercise I walk from my car to where I want to go ..so to "ensure I do it" I park my car a lot further away, Oh, and I use a treadmill .

So not that much loose, but do find I want all the information, on anything I do,
so for a while (excuse the pun) it consumes me..
Found this diet, trying to find the nearest comparison to LL, without the nonsense meetings, also cost concerns. This diet has been pretty much the same regarding foods ect.But so much better, that I have the control. Nearly done first week,not weighing till end of week, and only to note progress. As I think it's my energy levels and clothing sizes and comfort , that's my goal ...not the numbers on the scales.
Love the forum found lots of info.
Yours Wendy brew

Wendy Brew

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top